Questions Regarding Fixing a Geely Motor Scooter.
netsurfer802
2009-09-02 01:37:16 UTC
Hi:

I'm kind of new to fixing motor scooters...I'm trying to read up on a
Geely moped --I believe a four stroke--that's having a hard time
starting and when reading the manuel came across some questions.

This is what it says in the manuel:

Hard/No Starting
􀁺 Fuel supply system:
- Check fuel supply for water.
- Check petcock for blockage.*
- Check for air-intake leakage.

- Check for excessive fuel in cylinder: remove spark plug to
discharge.
- Check air filter for blockage: clean element.

My questions are:

How do you check the fuel supply for water?

How do you check the petcock for a blockage?

How do you check for an air-intake leakage?

How do you check the cylinder?

What tools do you need to do all this?

Thanks in advanced for any helpful answers that a novice could
understand.
Rob Kleinschmidt
2009-09-02 03:12:52 UTC
Post by netsurfer802
I'm kind of new to fixing motor scooters...I'm trying to read up on a
Geely moped --I believe a four stroke--that's having a hard time
starting and when reading the manuel came across some questions.
Hard/No Starting
- Check fuel supply for water.
- Check petcock for blockage.*
- Check for air-intake leakage.
- Check for excessive fuel in cylinder: remove spark plug to
discharge.
- Check air filter for blockage: clean element.
How do you check the fuel supply for water?
How do you check the petcock for a blockage?
How do you check for an air-intake leakage?
How do you check the cylinder?
What tools do you need to do all this?
Thanks in advanced for any helpful answers that a novice could
understand.
You might want to start by buying a set of metric
socket wrenches that includes a spark plug wrench.
A pair of pliers, a set of open/box end metric wrenches,
a couple of Philips head and flat bladed screw drivers
and some sort of manual (manuel is hard to find) like
Haynes covering elementary motorcycle maintenance.
The Older Gentleman
2009-09-02 06:14:02 UTC
Post by netsurfer802
Geely moped
Why??????
--
BMW K1100LT Ducati 750SS Honda CB400F Triumph Street Triple
Suzuki TS250ER Coo, down to just five bikes!
chateau dot murray at idnet dot com
Rob Kleinschmidt
2009-09-02 15:14:20 UTC
Post by The Older Gentleman
Post by netsurfer802
Geely moped
Why??????
So that some other innocent motorcycle doesn't
have to suffer through these experiments.
1949 Whizzer
2009-09-02 16:36:46 UTC
Post by Rob Kleinschmidt
So that some other innocent motorcycle doesn't
have to suffer through these experiments.
Life isn't a stroll through the park for everybody, some people have
to struggle to
do something as simple as get a moped started.

So they post a few questions to reeky.tech

Little do they know that The Alpha Turd trolls this NG too...
1949 Whizzer
2009-09-02 16:34:07 UTC
Post by The Older Gentleman
Why??????
Why does the Alpha Turd exist? Because he's too scared to jump off a
bridge into the Thames with a rope around his neck after slashing his
wrists, and taking poison.
d***@gmail.com
2013-07-15 21:18:00 UTC
Repairing kick start
Maker
2013-07-15 22:57:18 UTC
Post by d***@gmail.com
Repairing kick start
Make it good:

If it doesn't move, and it's supposed to - WD40
If it moves, and it's not supposed to - Duct Tape